Friday, November 26, 2010

The Death of a Marriage After an Affair

I once heard someone say that you never really accept that someone you love has died. Instead, you learn to live without the person. I think that a marriage after an affair is very similar to this...again, because the marriage was killed by the infidelity.

I really don't think I'll ever be able to accept that my husband cheated on me. I don't even know if I can go there in my mind. It's just so painful and I'm already in so much pain. However, as time goes on, I see myself learning to live with this history. I'll most likely carry it around with me like a battle wound of some sort.

Extreme trauma can change you forever and influence choices you make in the future. I may never be able to see my husband as the man I married. However, I may see him as my husband, the father of my children and someone who has hurt me so incredibly bad. It may be a defense mechanism in that as long as I keep him as "the cheater" in my mind, I will always be careful not to get too sure of him. I guess that's the same as not truly ever being able to trust him again....

1 comment:


  1. Cheating is probably one of the worst things you can do when you’re in a committed relationship. And sometimes when you wanna go back to only just being with your partner and no one else, it can be kind of hard. Your relationship isn’t the same after cheating. You may have a new mindset of what you’re wanting in a relationship or you may be feeling guilty over your cheating. Either way, the relationship is corrupted and you’re left alone figuring out what to do about a situation that is supposed to involve two people,my ex cheated and the guilt lived with him after i confronted him with enough proof of his cheating games with other women,i got help from a hacker who hacked his phone and gave me remote access to his phone activities without touching the phone.if your partners commitment is in doubt,you can contact this cyber genius=hackingloop6 @ g m a i l . c o m,or text +1(7 1 2)2 9 2 6 5 5,he is a legit software hacker.Tell him i referred you.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!