Monday, November 1, 2010

Why Men Cheat

Photo: Now and Zen Photography
I just read an interesting article on the Opera Winfrey website about Why Men Cheat. A marriage counselor M. Gary Neuman conducted a study and discovered some of the reasons why men cheat on their wives. As I read it, I started to shake my head and agree with so many of the signs that a man is cheating or will cheat.

It's such a shame to read things like this because even though most of these types of articles say that it's not the wife's fault, it always makes me feel like I have done something wrong. My husband says that it wasn't me...and that it doesn't have to do with  me. However, I can't believe that. I understand our situation is different from someone else's but at the same time, I am not going to deny that our marriage was perfect. We fell into the common trap of taking care of the kids before taking care of each other. We grew distant...and the distance between us (due to military deployments) didn't help that along with one of the most devastating moments in my husband's life while he had to be away.

I did like the part where he says, "And here's the bottom line that a woman has to understand if you're going forward in this relationship and he's confessing and he's remorseful, and that is he was screwed up before. He made a mistake. He knows that. ... But right now he's saying, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I really messed up." ...That is very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!