Friday, October 16, 2015

Shannon Beador Fight for Marriage after Infidelity (Personal Post)

If you watch Real Housewives of Orange County, you know that one of the women on the show has suffered her husband's infidelity. I love how she is on the show telling everyone how hard it is to deal with an affair. I also love how she shows people that a marriage can be saved after infidelity.

What I don't like is how she continuously says that she is healed only after a year. Let me tell you - it takes much longer to heal from an affair. Sure, you can tell yourself that you are over it. However, if you are true to yourself, you will know that you really aren't healed.

It's been FIVE years for me. I still think about it and I still suffer from it. Am I devastated anymore? NO! I am really okay with it. And yes, I'm so okay that I can say that I forgive my husband knowing that this means that I am okay with it. That's my definition of forgiveness, even though it's not other people's definition.

I don't think I'll ever be completely over it. It was the hardest thing I went through in my life. It's one of those things that has become a part of our marriage. It's never not going to be part of our marriage, so why should I forget it happened.

With that being said, I love my husband. I am proud of my husband. This is something I never thought I would ever say about him again. It's crazy. How far I have come.... I am sooooo glad that I stayed and went through everything.

When I look at my kids, I know they are better with mommy and daddy. I am so glad that we were able to work through it, so we can be parents that truly love each other.

For all the haters out there, you have no idea what it's like to go through infidelity until you go through it. You have no idea what you would do, even if you want to say you know you would leave and never trust your husband again.

Shannon Beador and I would have said the same thing 10 years ago. However, we have joined the Cheated On and Stay Married Club. I'm pretty proud of that actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!